There are different routes in Studio you can perform to create a file-based TM.
You will be ready to create a new TM as soon as the New Translation Memory dialog appears.
As illustrated in the first diagram, here are various ways to summon that window:
• By pressing key combination: Alt+Shift+N. This is probably the shortest way to bring it into view.
• By clicking File -> New -> New Translation Memory.
• During New Project Wizard. You create a new project, step through Project Details Page -> Project Languages Page -> Project Files Page -> Translation Memory and Automated Translation Page
• From the Translation Memories View. You select the Translation Memories button on the Navigation Pane to activate the Translation Memories View and select the New command on the Ribbon.
• From Project Settings. You select the Project Settings command on the Ribbon and select Language Pairs -> All Language Pairs -> Translation Memory and Automated Translation on the left Pane of the Project window.
On seeing the New Translation Memory dialog you just need to enter the name of your TM, choose the language pairs, storage location and click Finish button. It is as simple as that.